Plan Your Trip
We understand that seeking medical treatment outside your home country can be a physically and emotionally exhausting experience, and we know that it can be a stressful ordeal. The International Patients Department at the various Apollo Hospitals locations strives to ensure that you not only feel at home during your stay but also to ensure you return to your country in good health.
The International Patients Department at Apollo Hospitals was established to assist patients in planning and preparing their travel itinerary to the hospital. At Apollo Hospitals, we take the effort to not only provide you with world-class medical treatment and procedures but ensure you feel most at home and comfortable throughout your care with us.
You can refer to the information below to plan your trip to Apollo Hospitals. Should you prefer to have a representative personally help you prepare, please use the contact form on the right-hand side to communicate with an International Representative.
Step1: Learn About Apollo Hospitals
Throughout our website, we try our best to provide you with information about our procedures, specialties, doctors, and hospitals. Should you plan on considering Apollo Hospitals as one of your destination of choice for medical care, take the time to discover our technologies, competencies, services, and facilities we offer. In case you are interested in a certain specialty hospital, but you are unsure if your choice, you can get in touch with a representative for more guidance.
Step2: Selecting Your Doctor
Once you have chosen a treatment location, discuss with an online International Representative or a doctor and send over your query including reports and medical histories. Apollo Hospitals is made up of a large group of internationally qualified doctors and health professionals, ensuring each and every patient receive the best care and treatment possible. With our medical fraternity representing over 55 medical specialties and a vast pool of doctors, we provide our patients with the Find a Doctor section. The section allows you to perform searches and comfortably browse through each medical practitioner’s profile. In case you are interested in getting in touch with the physician via online consultation, simply fill in the ‘Get a Consultation’ form below the doctor’s profile.
Step3: 48 Hour Response Time
We aim to respond to every query within 48 hours. Please kindly note that depending on the nature of the question, we may ask further questions to clarify to provide the most accurate response. It is also the case that the doctor may ask for your medical records to be able to communicate on available treatment options.
Step4: Arranging Your Travel Plans
For patients travelling abroad for medical care the first time, below are useful pointers to help you plan your journey. In any case, should you want someone to help guide you through, please feel free to get in touch with an Apollo Hospitals International Representative (use the contact form on the right-hand side).
- Check with your current doctor, or receive a free online consultation with an Apollo Hospitals doctor to determine if you are fit to travel overseas in your current health and medical condition.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment abroad, make sure to keep your local doctor informed to continue your follow ups in your home country.
- Learn more about the procedure including; what are your expectations and what is achievable from the surgery. Check with your doctor what can be expected during your recovery and if any physical therapy is required.
- New patients must send over a copy of their passport (including attendants) to receive a Visa invitation letter from the hospital. Once the patient receives the hospital’s invitation letter, it is imperative to share their flight itinerary with the International Representatives.
- Bring along important documents with you including Visas, immunization records, MRI scans, and other medical documents. (For a full list of required documents, view our Documents Needed section.)
- At the airport, the hospital staff will arrange an airport pick up service for the patient with added hotel assistance.
Step5: Your Stay in India
If you prefer to stay at a hotel near the hospital during your treatment, the International Patients Division can help you with room arrangements, according to your preferred budget. Contact an International Representative before your travel period for more details.
Step6: Arriving at Apollo Hospitals
Upon arriving at the hospital, kindly take note that you are required to show your passport at the registration counter to complete your patient registration with the hospital. The hospital will keep a copy of your passport (the photo and Visa page) for your hospital record. Please take note that this is a mandatory step according to directives from the Government of India.